Blog of Love

Roses are Red.

Violets are Blue

Unexpected token in JSON at position 2

This is my ode to programming in recognition of Valentines Day, the day that I am writing this blog. This last week has been a crazy one. We put in a lot of work towards our alpha this week, however we got hit with a serious setback. This week, my house lost all connection with the outside world in such a way that I have honestly missed. There was a large ice storm this week and it ended up freezing on the trees and the powerlines leading to some serious problems. The power was out for 2 days, and the cable and internet didn’t come back until the third day. Somehow it even killed the cell tower and mobile data was also down. It was a complete loss of connection. It felt nice to go downstairs and meet my family for what felt like the first time. They seem like nice people. But in all seriousness, it gave me nostalgia for the days when I was a kid and the power would go out, and we would all come together with candles and flashlights. I feel like that is a pretty common childhood experience, but I don’t really know. This time it was a bit more luxurious than back then, since we have solar panels which gave us some electricity during the day and stopped our freezers from completely defrosting. However, it posed a severe challenge to specifically me, a full time online student. Losing connection to my classes was kind of terrifying, as I had no idea when the power would come back, and I had assignments due. It worked out ok however, and for that I am appreciative. I hope anyone who is reading this is having a happy Valentine’s Day, whether you’re single or in a relationship. If you’re feeling left out just know that its just another holiday designed to get you to spend your hard earned money if that helps. Next time I write this blog my team’s alpha project will be complete and turned in. I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks for reading!

Luke Penner