3 Layer Cake

Week 3 has been rather chaotic for us. Our classes have accelerated to a point where we are sprinting just to keep up. However, we have been able to make some good progress. We have gotten good enough with react to begin implementing it into our prototypes. I’ve made a prototype map application, and am just looking to project the data I need onto it. And the challenge of our project is basically just getting the data, and then putting it into good visualizations. I feel like soon we are going to step into the iteration phase of our project where we keep remaking and improving things iteratively, in order to end up with our end product.

Otherwise, this week has been a blur. It seems like the days where I wake up and stay at home have been blending together a bit, and this whole Covid-19 situation is kind of adding to that. I wonder what the future holds for us on the other side of this pandemic. While humanity learn from its mistakes and progress? Is there a utopian society or a dystopian society waiting for us at the end? It is wild to imagine how much things have changed in the last 20 years, will things in the future continue to change at the same rate? I am optimistic. I believe that at the end of all of this, we will face more crises, from pollution to corruption, and it will test us, but things will slowly improve. I feel like that slow societal improvement is something that we can’t see when we are focused on our day to day lives, we have to step back, and remember how far you’ve come.

Thanks for reading!

Luke Penner