Come meet with peers from around the country to share ideas and get input on how to increase impact in your outreach programs!
2nd Thursday of each month @ 12:00 pm PST
On the second Thursday of each month at noon come to learn how to increase participant engagement in your educational programs. Come join the discussion to get insights and share your ideas on how to make your Extension programs more effective for the learners.
Contact Mary Halbleib to get the Zoom details.
April 2020 Extension Teaching Network session – Cub Kahn, hybrid course design expert at our Center for Teaching and Learning, led the April monthly meeting. Gain from his experience and learn about the resources he shared for online learning:
- Center for Teaching and Learning Blended Learning website
- Center for Teaching and Learning blog
- Ecampus Course Development and Training Team blog
- Remote Teaching Canvas Template – note: this template could easily be imported into a Canvas studio site and customized (keep the parts you want; delete the rest) for any educational experience with online components. (If anyone wants to use the template for a publicly available Canvas site, I’m glad to assist).
- Keep Teaching Remote Teaching Strategies
- Learn@OregonState – describes how to use OSU-supported tech tools
February 2020 Extension Teaching Network session – topics include engaging more horse owners for pasture management education, increasing active learning in Master Gardener training design, and approaches for teaching pesticide mode of action with farmers and others.