Congratulations Beavs, we made it to the end of Spring term! The Office of Student Success wishes you the best of luck on all your finals. We look forward to seeing everyone next year and hearing about the success of our recent graduates. Have a great summer everyone! 😎
Happy Week 10! With finals right around the corner, remember to take advantage of study groups, office hours, and resources like the Academic Success Center. Taking breaks during your studying is important too, so take some time to enjoy the sunshine! 🌞
Happy Week 9! This week, our very own nutrition students will be doing their annual restaurant takeover in the “Off the Quad” restaurant in the MU. Stop by between 11-3pm today (5/30) and tomorrow (5/31) to try some delicious food!
- Thursday, 5/30 (11-3pm): Chickpeas Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Gyros, Chopped Feta Salad, Tabouli, Caprese Sandwiches, Baklava and more!
- Friday, 5/31 (11-3pm): Taste the Tropics featuring Acai Bowls, Black Bean Tacos, Teriyaki Chicken with Mac Salad and more!
Happy Week 8 🌞 Registration for Fall 2019 has officially started… check myOSU for your registration time and date, and don’t forget to get your registration pin! Midterms and finals week have you stressed? Here are five proven ways to manage short and long-term stress:
- Take a break from the stressor
- Smile & laugh
- Get social support
It’s Week 7! Two reminders from the Office of Student Success this week:
- S/U forms are due TOMORROW, Friday, May 16… bring them in to the Office of Student Success before 4pm to get them signed by your advisor, and drop them off to the Office of the Registrar in Kerr Administration Building by 5pm.
- For those who applied to ScholarDollars scholarships, make sure to check your emails for scholarship decisions and respond by May 19th.
Happy Week 6! Graduation is right around the corner… don’t forget to RSVP to participate in the commencement ceremony 🎓
In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, there will be chocolates in the Office of Student Success for the remainder of the month. Drop by Women’s Building 105 for your pin, an advising appointment, some career development advice… or just to grab yourself a treat (you deserve it!) 🌞
It’s Week 5! Happy May, and happy Mental Health Awareness Month. Check out the Youth and Family Mental Health Initiative to learn more about CPHHS initiatives to address mental health in our communities, and don’t forget about resources at OSU that are here to support you and your health and wellbeing:
- OSU Experience
- Cultural Resource Centers
- Student Health Services
- Student Health Services at Dixon
Happy Week 4! ☀ A few reminders from the Office of Student Success:
- Fall term registration pins will be available starting next week! Students with freshman and sophomore standing must schedule an appointment with their advisors to get a pin. Juniors and seniors who are in good academic standing can get their pins from a Peer Advisor at the front desk. Schedule an appointment if you haven’t already, and keep checking your email for updates!
- Decision letters for ScholarDollar scholarship applications were mailed out this week. Make sure you check your email to see if you received a scholarship, and accept or decline it by Sunday, May 19.
It’s Week 3! Nationally and at OSU, April is designated as Sexual Assault Awareness month. The Survivor Advocacy Resource Center on campus is working with several campus partners to spread awareness on the impact of sexual violence around the community. Visit Student Health Services to learn about events, workshops, resources and how to play a role in creating a community where any form of violence is not tolerated.
It’s Week 2! Did you know that April is National Stress Awareness Month? Check out some stress management resources provided by CAPS and OSU Experience 🌞 What do you do to manage your stress on a daily basis?