The following 9 finding aids for OSU Archives collections were completed or updated in July 2009. They have been loaded to the NWDA finding aids database and have a PDF on the OSU Archives’ website. MARC records for all of the collections are available through the OSU Libraries’ Catalog, Summit Navigator, and Worldcat. One of the collections was received in 2009; four are for collections for which there was previously no information available online. The OSU Archives now has 418 finding aids in NWDA.
Most of these are new finding aids; one (for the Technology Educators of Oregon Records) is an update of an existing finding aid.
A Dairy Program for Oregon Scrapbook, 1929
- This scrapbook documents the publicity and promotion activities leading up to the 1929 statewide convention for revision of Oregon’s dairy program. It includes 4 photographs.
Graham, Robert D., Papers, 1903-1973
- The Graham Papers consist of research project files, reference materials, and 500 photographs pertaining to wood preservation research and the wood preservation industry. Graham was Professor of Wood Products at Oregon State University and in charge of wood preservation studies at the Oregon Forest Products Laboratory and Forest Research Laboratory from 1948 until his retirement in 1982.
Home Economics, College of, Oral Histories, 1968-1985 (OH 11)
- These oral histories consist of sound recordings, transcripts, and related materials for 10 interviews conducted of Oregon State home economics alumnae and retired faculty.
Home Economics, College of, Motion Picture Films and Videotapes, 1950-1998 (FV P 044)
- This collection of 25 videotapes and 7 motion picture reels includes footage of the home management houses in the 1950s; recordings of lectures and presentations; and promotions for the Family Living Center, College centennial, and the Mini-College extension program.
Landscape Architecture Department Records, 1932-1982 (RG 089)
- The Landscape Architecture Department Records document curriculum and instruction in landscape architecture at Oregon State; department administration; extension activities; faculty research; and campus planning activities in which department faculty participated. An academic program in landscape architecture was established at Oregon Agricultural College in 1911 and remained active until 1982.
Rodman, Wilma M., Photograph Collection, 1950-1974 (P 147)
- This small collection of 14 photographs consists of images of Counseling and Testing Center directors assembled by Rodman for a publication on the history of guidance and counseling at Oregon State.
Science, College of, Videotapes, 1991-1997 (FV P 084)
- These 9 videotapes include two productions that highlight College of Science academic and research activities and recordings of lectures on global climate change presented in the 1991 Biology Colloquium.
Technology Educators of Oregon Records, 1954-2001
- These records document the administration and membership of this statewide organization that encourages and supports technology and vocational programs in Oregon middle and high schools and colleges.
Walls, Robert B., Collection, 1916-1974
- The Walls Collection consists of 115 sound recordings of performances by OSU choirs made and assembled by Robert B. Walls, Professor Music, from 1947 until his retirement in 1974.