Group Review

This week, our groups main focus was deep diving our project rough draft and reading out the questions we received. With the knowledge obtained in this manner, we hope to improve our project in a way that benefits us for the foreseeable future. A part I found slightly more difficult than reviewing our project was reviewing another groups project. I am not sure if it was just the way that they set up their design document or if it was their wording, but I felt like it was written in such a way that understanding the full scope of the project was initially difficult. In order to find out their exact method of completing it, it took some re reading and bonus questions being asked. It wasn’t by any means poor quality work, I just felt as if they could have made it more clear as to what exactly their method was to achieve their task. I was sure to voice some of my concerns in their comment sections on specific sectors, but in the end I had enough information to do something of interest.

The course itself, as a whole, has been a blast. I have felt as if I am learning things that can only benefit me in the future. A good example of which came from this last week when we had to peer review work. If I was brought somebodies design and had to review it, this was a good mock of what I would say, do, and react to such an encounter. As well as learning to write my own in a meaningful way. Not many classes in my past have offered me this same sort of insight, except maybe my HCI or software engineering courses. I enjoy these classes because I feel as if I am actually learning concepts that will be directly reflected into what I will be doing almost every day. It always makes me go back to an old phrase I heard when I first started learning Computer Science: “Anybody can learn how to code, but not everybody can be a Computer Scientist.”

By moorehar

A human computer interaction wanna be that seeks to make the world a better place through technology.