Luke’s Blog 2 The Sequel

I’m writing this to continue the momentum built up by the wildly successful Luke’s Blog. This, the sequel I hope will be met with the same critical acclaim as the original. It got me thinking, how do you follow up on perfection? The answer I came to is with more perfection. In this blog you will read the wild misadventures of me doing school.

It’s been quite a week. I find week 2 of school to be the real beginning of every term, as all the classes I take seem to take the gloves off and start swinging in week 2. It’s like they are trying to give you a bit of false hope during week one, only to come around and sucker punch you in the gut week 2. That’s not to say I’m not enjoying the fight. There’s something I find I can get out of that kind of struggle that I can’t find elsewhere. My experience with high school wrestling taught me that. There’s something different about struggling with every fiber of your being against someone doing the same. The fear and nervousness before the match, and the exhaustion 30 seconds in only to find out that you’ve only just begun. Which brings me back to week 2, because I know its only just the beginning.

I met with my group for the first time this week. Our project is called DUNE, and as far as I can tell, we will be trying to make sense of a lot of data in order to understand more about Neutrinos. This was very impressive to me, as were my collaborators. I feel as though I am a very small fish who has just happened to land in the middle of the Pacific. I hope to do my best to be an asset on this project. I have lately been thinking about what I aspire to be one day, and I have come to the conclusion that I would like to be an amazing person that people can look up to. I was pretty nervous about this project, as I don’t know if I am ready or able to do it. It is a daunting challenge that looks impossible from the outset. I was pretty demotivated until I realized that this is the kind of challenge that an amazing person would conquer. They always seem to be just going about their day to day life, casually doing the impossible. Maybe this is my first step to accomplishing that kind of dream.

Thanks for reading my blog to the one guy who has to grade this. You are my favorite.