Easy Math Tips for Real Life Situations

Ok ok, I know the title might have already scared a few of you away but this is cool stuff! If you are like me, you may find that math is anything BUT your best friend. In fact, personally, I almost did not graduate high school because of my SAT’s being so low when it came to the subject of mathematics. But luckily, I am still able to get a good kick out of it!

In my earlier blog about “Winter Weather Tips“, I briefly mentioned the benefits laughing can have on a person. This is an actual proven fact! Healthguide.org makes the statement that

Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress. 

With this said, I want to share with you all something a little different… Math puns! I know they may make you want to run away, but what do you call a number that can’t keep still? A roamin’ numeral…

See? Tell me you didn’t get a kick out of that. Sometimes at work, my coworker and I will do what we call a “wiggle dance”. It sounds odd, but under the stress from standing 8hrs a day and being the main faces of our business, it causes us tremendous stress. We realized that just taking a few moments out of our day to make each other laugh and smile actually made our systems relax and even our brains completely re-focus more clearly on needed tasks. Portland did a study and Education.cu-portland.edu made the comment that in their studies they found

Laughter releases your brain’s dopamine reward system, stimulating your long-term memory and ability to think more clearly. 

This completely made sense to me as I read this. Stimulating your mind in ways that cause you to chuckle actually creates a healthier AND happier you! Sound familiar? Puns are innovative and a great way to share with your friends and family.

Events such as family nights or weekends with your friends. Maybe Christmas or Thanksgiving, you could share the many different ways to throw out a pun for the entire family to laugh! Get everyone in on making an atmosphere not only hilarious and uplifting but beneficial to your bodies and minds all at the same time.

A Happy You is a Healthy You!