Recipe shared by Ann Marentette, Meatless Dish, Serves 4-6
- ¾ to 1 cup cracked wheat (No. 1 grind)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2 or 3 large bunches parsley or more
- Few sprigs of mint (about 6-8 sprigs)
- 2 to 3 large tomatoes
- Juice of 3 lemons or more to make a ½ cup
- ½ cup salad oil
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Salt to taste (about 2 tsp or more)
- Soak cracked wheat in cool water for 10 minutes or until slightly soft. Squeeze dry by pressing between palms.
- Chop onion, parsley, mint, and tomato very fine. Add the cracked wheat, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Serve with lettuce or fresh grape leaves used as a scoop.