CN Supported room calendars are going to be renamed in the Global Address List. Rooms will be renamed on August 28th after 5pm (effectively our customers will see this change on the morning of August 29th)
These updates will ensure that all room calendars have a consistent naming scheme and will work properly with Outlook’s “Room Finder” feature.
This does not apply to resource calendars or shared calendars. After the update, the new name must be used when searching for and scheduling the room. Any room Calendars that customers added previously will need to be added again in order to display the new name. This update will not affect existing appointments on the room calendars.
KB Articles related to this change
- Mac – https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=59232
- Outlook Room Finder – https://oregonstate.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=59377
List of Rooms and their new name – https://oregonstate.box.com/v/CNRoomRenameList
If customers do not see an expected room on this list:
- The calendar is not configured as a room calendar (it may be set as “equipment” or “shared”)
- The calendar is actually a public folder calendar (which will need to be exported and renamed at a later date)
- The calendar is a secondary calendar under a user’s mailbox (Which needs to be exported out to a separate properly created room calendar)
If customers have room calendars that meet any of these criteria, create a ticket detailing what the calendar is currently called, how the calendar is currently configured, what building and room number it corresponds with, and then assign that ticket to CN Accounts.