Overnight oats are an easy breakfast and a great on the go meal. They are good for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, making them a great tool when meal preping before the next busy week begins.
The reusable jar and lid that comes with the bag are meant to be washed and reused over and over as a tool in your kitchen. It can be used for storing leftovers, making a yogurt parfait, or pickling things (check out our Pickled Carrots and Daikon beaver bag). You can reheat leftover food in the jar in the microwave, however, do not microwave metal or plastic lid.
*Contents in the bag are more than the 1 serving size recipe below. Please measure out ingredients.
- ⅓ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon/ 1 of the peanut butter to go cups
- ½ cup almond/oat milk for thick consistency
- OR ⅔ cup almond/oat milk for light consistency
- ½ cup frozen fruits
- Half diced banana (add more if you wish)
- 1 packet of honey
- In provided jar add the oats, cinnamon, chia seeds, and peanut butter
2. Pour in a splash of milk to wet the mixture.
3. Mix with a spoon so peanut butter is mixed with the oats.
4. Pour in rest of milk and stir to combine
5. After everything is mixed set frozen fruits on top of the mixture
6. Put lid on and set in fridge overnight
7. The next morning open up the jar and add honey and banana
8. It’s now ready to be enjoyed. Oats can be eaten chilled, or heated in the microwave.
You can make a few jars or bowls or cups of overnight oats at once. Eat within 4 days of assembling the oats.
Interested in trying other combinations? This site has a lot of creative ideas: