Ingredients: 1 sweet potato, 1-2 TBS of Olive Oil, Pinch of Salt, 1 clove of garlic
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Locate equipment: cutting board, knife, and baking pan.
- Wash the sweet potato and dry it.
2. Cut off any roots or small spots you don’t want to eat.
3. Cut sweet potato in half the long way.
4. Placing the flat side on the cutting board, cut into long slabs and then cut into fries.
5. Mince one clove of garlic.
6. Toss the cut sweet potatoes with the olive oil and garlic and a pinch of salt.
7. Spread the fries on a baking sheet, you can use a piece of parchment or a silat for easier clean up if you have some.
8. Bake fries about 10 minutes, flip and bake till nicely brown but not blackened. About 10 more minutes, time may be longer if fries are thick.
9. Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Baked Sweet Potato
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Wash sweet potato
- Cut off any spots you don’t want to eat.
- Poke the sweet potato with a fork in a few places just a little
- Optional: Rub outside with a little bit of oil and salt.
- Bake on a baking sheet or oven safe pan for about 45 mins – 1 hour and 15 minutes depending on size of potato
- it is done when poked with a fork it is soft.
- To Serve: Break open the side with a fork. Be careful! there may be a lot of steam. Add a dollop of yogurt or sour cream or butter. You can add sugar or any savory spices you’d like.