This California Roll-inspired dish is a great way to get the yummy taste of sushi without the tools and time needed to make rolls. This recipe is also easy to customize with other ingredients like green onions, sesame seeds, and avocado!
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 ¼ cup sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 8 oz imitation crab
- 1 packet roasted seaweed (seasame flavor)
- 4 packets mayonnaise (Equivalent to 4 Tbsp)
- 3 packets sriracha (Equivalent to 3 tsp)
- 3 packets soy sauce (optional)
- Rinse rice with cold water until water runs clear
- Add rice and water to medium saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, prep the carrot and cucumber.
Cut ends of cucumber. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut each half into quarters and dice
Cut end off carrot and peel. Cut carrot into 3 pieces. Cut each piece into slices lengthwise, then cut each slice into matchsticks. Dice the matchsticks.
- Make the sriracha-mayo. Add 4 packets of mayonnaise to bowl, then add 1-3 sriracha packets depending on spice tolerance. Mix together.
- Assemble bowl: Add rice to the bottom of the bowl, add desired amount of imitation crab, carrots, and cucumber. Top with sriracha-mayo and soy sauce. Serve with seaweed.