CS 46X Blog Post #1

Hi, I am David McVittie, I’ve been an on and off again CS major at Oregon State University. I’m happy to have finally come this far! I am currently living in the Portland Metro area, so I am in the PST time zone (UTC-7). I have a pet pug named Java, and he is going to be 1 year old this November, so he has so much energy! I recently got married a little over a year ago, and that was quite exciting. I’m currently working two jobs, though I’m thinking of quitting my job as a cook in Oregon City, in favor of my other job working in preload at UPS. (Which is a great way to get your tuition paid for by the way!) A technology that has really piqued my interest is Quantum computing, it seems to be a new emerging technology that I think could be lucrative to get into, though I’m not sure how well traditional CS education fits into that particular field. Maybe that’s more of a physics, or graduate program focus sort of thing? One project that caught my attention was building an emulator to run space invaders on, as I am quite the fan of emulation, and the modding communities, and might be the push I need to join the randomizer community for The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask as a developer.

Published by

mcvittid

A Computer Science student. I'm very busy these days, working two jobs and taking a couple of classes this term.