Blog Post: Experiences With Discrimination

If I heard about a claims and a public lawsuit against company engaging in widespread discrimination, I think that it would alter the way I feel about the company. I think it is important to support companies with good company policies that treat their employees with respect, and I would not feel comfortable supporting a company that I knew was doing otherwise. With this being said, I have personally worked for companies that had managers that were discriminatory both towards certain races as well as genders. I unfortunately cannot say that I stood up and left the company. Instead I continued to work there for 2 years after the discrimination began. Since I personally faced discrimination in the work place, and have learned how harming it can be, I do not feel comfortable supporting other companies that do the same. With this in mind, I would also not like to work for a company that has claims against them for discriminatory practices. I personally learned from my decisions to stay with a company that engaged in these activities, and am more cognizant looking for jobs now.