Blog Post: Job Application Experiences

The last job I applied for was at a mid-size accounting firm located in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I met and became aware of the company at an Oregon State University career fair. When talking to the recruiters at this company, I found them to be very welcoming and professional. They seemed like they wanted to get to know me both professionally and personally, as well as tell me about why they felt I was a good fit for an internship position at their organization. After talking to these recruiters, I felt that I had a pretty good understanding of the culture at the company, without ever having to step foot in the firm. Furthermore, when filling out their online application, all of the questions seemed to be behavioral questions structured in a way that I could easily talk about my past job experiences, as well as the things I learned in these positions. Overall, I felt that both the company website as well as job application were very well structured and organized, which made it very easy to learn more about the company and apply for the job.

The ease I felt having a professional conversation with the recruiters at this company made me want to look more into what the company did and what it could offer me. I found that the company’s website was very easy to navigate and gave me great information about the company and the types of clients that they work with. I also had a very easy time finding the company on social media accounts such as Instagram and LinkedIn. When I opened the job application, it was very organized and every portion of the application corresponded to a drop down menu where you could see the portions you had completed as well as ones that still were incomplete. Overall, I think the organization that I experienced in every part of my job search at this company really drew me in. Everyone was very professional, but always had a smile on their face and was willing to answer any questions I had.  The positive company culture made me very excited to apply for the position. I actually ended up getting an interview with the company, and was offered a full time position once I graduate. I am currently completing a busy season internship at this company, and can attest to the fact that the company has maintained their professionalism as well as positive company culture that I experienced in the job application process.

One Reply to “Blog Post: Job Application Experiences”

1. Hi, this is a comment.