This Friday (November 19th) PhIS will be hosting an informal open ‘forum’ this Friday for undergrads to ask grad students questions. From 4pm to 5pm (right before SPS game night!), a few physics graduate students have volunteered their time to answer any questions you have. This is an opportunity to ask your questions in a group to a ‘panel,’ OR grab a one on one consultation with a grad student!
This is your hour to find out:
- How did you decide on a grad program?
- What advice do you have for _ type of research?
- What experiences have you had resolving conflicts in your work / research group?
- Can you give me feedback on part of my school / internship application?
- How about this research presentation I’m working on?
- How did you get funding?
- What do you wish you knew about being a grad student / physicist earlier?
- Did you ever have any doubts about going to grad school?
- And anything else you are curious about!
Please join our email list for more information about the location and the remote options. We hope to see you there!