This website features research in marine autonomy led by Oregon State University and the Applied Physics Lab at the University of Washington.
Our goal is to improve the intelligence and functionality of underwater vehicles for applications such as marine exploration, ship maintenance, and underwater construction. Some example research areas include:
- Perception and interpretation of sensor data
- Automated planning and reasoning
- Robotic arms and grippers
- Operator interfaces and decision support
- Autonomous underwater docking with marine energy converters