International Work Opportunities.

Below is list of things that could change my outlook on living internationally.

• Place to live, car, 
  • Health insurance policy
  • More upfront of what benefits 
  • Test period
  • Language barrier. 
  • Cultural differences
  • Spousal duel placement
  • Mentor

To go more in-depth, I will start with a place to live/transportation and spousal duel placement. Now in terms of housing, it doesn’t have to be subsidized, but information on where to live would be beneficial. When moving to a new location, you often don’t know where to live and the best site. Having guidance on this would help employees’ transition into their new surroundings. This to hand with transportation. Some cities’ cars are not even needed, so having access to information will help the potential employee know the area more. Another thing that s very important is spousal duel placement. Moving to another country doesn’t only impact one person but can also affect any partners involved.

Having a mentor and a guide to cultural differences will help with the transition to the new country. Having someone who can help me transition into the new lifestyle is a pretty big deal. When you’re in a new country, you don’t know the traditions and customs that affect everyday life.  The mentor can also help with any language barriers that may come up. I could not move to a country that I did not understand the language. I’m someone who doesn’t step out of my comfort zone often. All of these things would also line up with the need for a test period. Whether that’s three months or a year, giving employees a test period will help them not feel overwhelmed.

Two things that are probably the most important are health care and any other benefits the company offers. Each country has its health insurance, so it’s hard for any new employees to understand. Health care is probably one of the most important factors when picking an employer. Overall, these are only some of the few things I would need to consider moving internationally. However, I would not move internationally for a job because I wouldn’t say I like taking risks. The only time I would is if I was being transferred