Choosing the project

For capstone, I wanted to build a web application to get more experience with web technologies. I am leaning toward web oriented roles post-graduation so getting some extra practice and further building my skills would be very beneficial. My team and I ultimately decided to focus on the dating app for animal adoption. We thought this app would allow us to build a solid application with plenty of opportunities to expand the project.

Choosing a stack

As a team we wanted to work on a modern and popular stack. We opted to build the application using React, Node.js, Express, MongoDB, and a collection of smaller dependencies and libraries. We felt that this stack would allow us to work with increasingly popular technologies that are very in demand in the job market right now. We also felt that using these technologies would allow us to quickly and effectively build the application.

Our background

Our experience with building web applications mostly was from courses previously taken in the program. For the specific stack we chose, our experience was beginner to none. We felt that this project presented an excellent opportunity to learn new skills and develop our skillset. We are all definitely excited to tackle on new technologies and learn as much as we can.

Looking ahead

So far my group and I have gotten along very well and understand each other background and expectations. I do expect us to run into roadblocks as the course progresses. However, I am very confident that we will be able to take on these roadblocks and successfully overcome them. We will learn a lot along the way and have a great product at the end.