Introduction!

Intro

Hello everyone! My name is Daniel and this is my final quarter at OSU! I am definitely very excited to share my journey throughout this course. I also plan to use this blog as an opportunity to share updates on my journey as a soon-to-be new grad.

Background

I started coding back in 2014 in an intro level CS course during my freshman year of my first degree. However, admittedly I struggled a lot during that course and felt that coding wasn’t for me. After this experience I felt defeated and lost interest in coding and for 3 and half years I didn’t touch a line of code. Then during my final quarter I was forced to take another CS course as part of my major requirements. I redundantly signed up for the second intro level CS course at my school and this time the experience was night and day compared to the first course. I absolutely killed it this time around. I finally felt that things were starting to stick and I did very well in that course. After that course I graduated but I was having doubts if my career path at the time was right for me.

I starting thinking about how much I enjoyed coding and began research on potential programs in CS. I found this program and applied. A month later I got an acceptance and decided to enroll for the Fall 2019 quarter. Fast forward and I am now reaching the end of this program. Throughout this time I have learned so much invaluable information both through courses and opportunities that presented themselves thanks to this degree.

Looking Forward

I plan to continue sharing updates on my journey throughout this course and as a soon-to-be graduate. I will share information on my project, internships/outside opportunities, the fulltime job search experience, and potentially any other interesting topic that comes to mind. I’m very excited to use this as an outlet to share my experience!

One thought on “Introduction!”