ESP is the National Association for Extension professionals, and administrators who work closely with and support their work, who exhibit excellence in Extension programming and/or administration. A minimum of six months of Extension service is required. Contact a Gamma Chapter Leadership Team member if you would like to participate with other Extension professionals in this great association.
New news: Podcast Club
Do you start sentences with “so, I heard on this podcast the other day…”? Finished all of your
podcasts already? Join the ESP Professional Development Committee’s upcoming podcast club! We
are eagerly anticipating the OSU Extension Annual Conference and diving into the themes of 1) social justice and racial equity programming, 2) innovative programming and 3) working, living, and leading during the pandemic. ESP will be hosting a 6-week podcast club and will share a playlist of 1-2
episodes, chosen by YOU, on each of the three themes for the conference, each week we will
discuss one episode. The ESP PD committee is asking for your suggestions for podcast episodes (45
minutes or less) that are relevant to the conference themes. Make your suggestions here:
https://beav.es/oNN by January 15th – Tracy Wilson & Becky Munn, PD Committee
Save the Date for the Extension Leadership Conference 2021 – February 10-12, 2021. Learn more at: https://www.jcep.org/
ESP is the largest professional Extension organization with over 4,000 members representing 47 state/territory chapters. ESP brings together all program areas, is national in scope, and has both retirees and current faculty and staff as members. Besides the networking opportunities with other professionals, benefits of ESP Gamma Chapter membership include:
- Professional development conferences and distance learning opportunities.
- Connecting current employees and retirees to build networks, and support for the Extension system and related issues.
- Unite Extension personnel and retirees across disciplines, units and programs in Oregon and the United States.
- Access to scholarships for professional development, including national conferences, and to attend trainings and mini-grants.
- Learn about international opportunities from members who have done work all over the world.
- Opportunity to have your work recognized at state and national levels.
- Opportunity to serve on state and national committees.
- Stipends to present workshops, poster presentations and serve on National Committees at national ESP Conferences.
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills.