We are pleased to announce that the application for the 2021 Environmental Fellows Program is now open! The Environmental Fellows Program is a nationally competitive summer fellowship program for masters and doctoral students that seeks to place students traditionally underrepresented in the environmental field and those committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in summer fellowships with environmental foundations and their grantees.
Application OPEN NOW! The deadline to apply is January 15th, 2021.
The Environmental Fellows Program involves:
· A 12 -week fellowship at either an environmental grantmaking foundation or at one of their grantees. Past placement sites include Center on Race, Poverty & the Environment; Appalachian Voices; Natural Resources Defense Council, New England Grassroots Environment Fund, the Erb Family Foundation and many more!
· A 4-day spring program orientation.
· A stipend of $11,000 plus a travel allowance for participating fellows.
· Participation in the Environmental Grantmakers Association Retreat.
· Fellows work on a variety of environmental issues including but not limited to environmental health, energy justice, marine conservation, transit solutions, food justice, and more!
· Fellowship placement sites are available across the country in major cities and rural locations. Some of our past placements have been located in: The Greater Boston area, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, and Richmond, Virginia.
· Fellows receive training in diversity, equity, and inclusion; institutional culture; and professional development.
· Please share this opportunity (and the attached flyer) with any graduate or doctoral students at your school or other colleges/universities who have an interest in exploring the world of environmental grantmaking/philanthropy and/or are passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion in the environmental field.
Want to learn more!
Join us for an information session on Thursday, November, 19th from 6-7pm ET. Register here (Registration will be available until 5:30 pm the day of the event.)
You can find more information about the Environmental Fellows program and how to apply at https://efp.seas.umich.edu/. Please address any questions about the Environmental Fellows Program to Dr. M’Lis Bartlett at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Dorceta Taylor, Program Director, Yale University
Dr. M’Lis Bartlett, Program Manager, University of Michigan