For this webinar, you will need to have Zoom installed either on your computer or mobile device. This software is very easy to use and does not require much technical expertise. We strongly recommend testing the software out before the webinar! Support from host and instructors WILL NOT be available during the webinar. Below are some instructions for downloading and using the Zoom software in advance: If you are using a computer:
1. Go to https://zoom.us/download
2. Click on the “Download” button under “Zoom Client for Meetings”
3. Follow your browser’s prompts to download the ZoomInstaller.exe file
4. Once downloaded, run the program to install Zoom
5. Once the program is installed, it may ask you to sign in. You do not need to do this.
6. When you are ready to join the webinar, the provided meeting link will open the program and login without credentials.
7. When you log in to the webinar, you will have the option to test the class audio with your speakers. We recommend doing this.
Alternatively, if you click on the webinar link your computer and browser should automatically ask you to download and install the appropriate Zoom software.
If you are using a mobile device:
1. Download the free Zoom Cloud Meetings App from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (Apple).
2. Use the meeting link provided in the confirmation email to open Zoom and log in to the webinar
Using the mobile device has the same functionality as using a computer, with some inconveniences. For example, the chat box and webinar content cannot be open on the same screen.
Once You’re in the Webinar:
- You do not need a microphone. When you enter the webinar, you will be muted and remain muted through the course. Please do not attempt to unmute yourself.
- Likewise, you will not be sharing video so you do not need a webcam. Please do not attempt to share video or your screen.
- You will be able to hear the instructor, but they might not share video.
- Your interaction with instructors will occur through the chat box function. There you can ask questions and instructors will get to them as the content allows. The chat box will be monitored by the meeting host during the meeting.
If you encounter issues setting up Zoom please go to the Zoom Help Center or contact the Zoom support line at +1.888.799.9666 ext 2