To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student or alum and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now.
Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations as well as from locations around the country and around the world. This program serves students and alumni alike. Employers are seeking applicants for positions including full-time, co-ops and internships, summer camps, national parks employment, and volunteer organizations such as the Peace Corps. Students can access Beaver JobNet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Check out the Career Services website for more information about finding a job.
Job/Internship of the Week
Store Management Internship
Kohl’s Department Stores
Kohl’s is one of the largest and fastest-growing retailers in the country. A family-focused, value-oriented specialty department store, Kohl’s offers quality merchandise from national and exclusive brands, such as Jennifer Lopez, Simply Vera Vera Wang, ELLE™, Food Network™, and FILA SPORT®. Kohl’s is committed to serving the community through green leadership and the Kohl’s Cares® merchandise program which has raised over $180 million for children’s initiatives nationwide. Employees enjoy a workplace that is exciting and evolving. At Kohl’s, you will be able to try new things, set goals for your development, build a career that fits your expectations, and have fun along the way! It’s easy to see why Kohl’s was selected by Businessweek as one of the best places to launch a career.
The Store Management Internship Program is a 10 week summer program designed to give you the knowledge and experience needed to explore what an exciting career in retail management is all about. Our Training Program consists of the following: computer based training, hands-on sales floor training, executive development, and exposure to all areas of the Store. You will also be provided with multiple opportunities to enhance your experience through exposure to senior level leadership, a trip to Intern Conference in Milwaukee, WI and more! As an intern with Kohl’s you will be treated as part of the management team and learn the principles of what it takes to run a successful retail business. If you enjoy working with people and engaging in several dynamic roles, or if you are a high-energy person, who tends to get bored easily sitting at a desk all day long, a career in store management is sure to challenge and excite you.
In addition to several training modules and daily store management responsibilities, each intern will complete an Impact Analysis Project. This project is your opportunity to research a specific area or opportunity within your training store and solve a problem or offer ideas for improvements. You will present your Impact Analysis Project to Senior Executives at the completion of your ten weeks. As Kohl’s intern, you are given big responsibilities and the opportunity to shine!
• Full Time career opportunities upon successful completion of the Internship Program
• Competitive wages
• Opportunity to travel to Milwaukee, WI for Intern Conference where you will interact with Senior Leadership and spend time with Interns from across the country
• Exposure to Senior Level Management; including District and Regional Managers
• Mentorship Program with former Interns
• Hands-on experience with In-Store Merchandising, Management Development, Sales, Store Operations, Scheduling, Payroll, and Human Resources
• Opportunity to visit and analyze the competition
• Continuous performance feedback
• Impact Analysis Project to demonstrate skills gained throughout the Internship
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Strong analytical skills along with superior critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and drive to develop retail business knowledge
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Become a Fan of Kohl’s On Campus!
|Employer:||Kohl’s Department Stores|
|Title:||University Relations Assistant|
|Address:||N56W17000 Ridgewood Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI
53051 United States