To view this job/internship listing, you must be a currently registered OSU student or alum and have an existing Beaver JobNet account. If you are eligible and do not have an account, register now.
Beaver JobNet is a great way to get your job or internship search started. Meet employers from a variety of organizations as well as from locations around the country and around the world. This program serves students and alumni alike. Employers are seeking applicants for positions including full-time, co-ops and internships, summer camps, national parks employment, and volunteer organizations such as the Peace Corps. Students can access Beaver JobNet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Check out the Career Services website for more information about finding a job.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Komen Oregon is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual who is proficient in Spanish for an exciting internship opportunity that will support the Affiliate’s communications and outreach efforts for the 2011 Race for the Cure.
This person will work under the guidance of the Affiliate Communications Coordinator to assist projects related to promoting the Race for the Cure.
This intern will work in a fast-paced, collaborative team atmosphere and have the opportunity to learn about a wide range of areas in a non-profit organization and major event planning.
Summer term – 3 X week for approximately 15 hours total
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implementation of the Affiliate Race for the Cure Distribution Plan (distribution of event collateral to local businesses, individuals and events throughout the summer)
• Provide outreach to targeted communities – mostly concentrating on the local Hispanic community
• Offer support to Spanish-speaking event registrants
• Work at occasional pre-race fundraising/special events
• Serve as primary support for booking media interviews/appearances
• Administrative support, including extensive phone work, email correspondence and some mailings
• Some translation materials from English to Spanish
• Interest in marketing/communications and non-profit experience
• Other marketing/outreach projects as assigned
|Susan G. Komen for the Cure
|Ms. Lori H. Kresse
|Volunteer Program Manager
|1400 SW 5th Ave. Suite 530