- Saturday May 8
- Various times
- Various roles
- Open to all active volunteers
- Report service as fundraiser:support
- Program updates
- What does COVID-19 mean for Extension volunteer activities? Get the latest information.
- Shout outs. Thanks to Pete and Jeanette Scott for supporting Seed to Supper! See the story in the latest GROWING.
- Volunteers needed
- Continuing education (free to MGVs unless noted with “$”)
- 5/6/2021 @12pm: Gardening in the PNW Lunchtime Talks – Dry Gardening.
- 5/18/2021 @12pm: The Culture of Gardening with Abra Lee: “The Work is in Our Hands”.
- 5/11/2021 @3pm: Water-wise gardening | Growing Oregon Gardeners: Level Up Series.
- 9/9-9/17/2021, ($): International Master Gardener Conference 2021.
- Extension updates
- How to Control Slugs in Your Garden / Cómo Controlar a las Babosas en su Jardín. Practical tips on how to deal with slugs in your garden, given in both English and Spanish.
- Community news
- Any volunteer opportunities listed here do not count towards your Master Gardener volunteer hour requirement. The inclusion of items in this section is as a courtesy to community partners and does not imply an endorsement.
- Please let your gardeners know about our seed swap/exchange box is all set up! We are at 2988 NW 13th Place, Corvallis. Bring your half empty or last years leftover seeds and swap with ours. Thanks! 🌱🌸
This is a sample e-News post for Benton County Master Gardeners.
This post would replace the bi-weekly e-News being sent by OSU from the MailChimp service.
The same content would be shared but in a different format (announcements on new volunteer opportunities and continuing education classes, updates from the OSU Master Gardener Program, BCMGA links, community news.)
All current Master Gardener volunteers would be emailed a link to this page from Elizabeth as a BCC every other week. This would eliminate the use of MailChimp, simplify the process for OSU Staff/Faculty, and reduce chances of errors by only maintaining one list of current OSU volunteers.
This would also bring all of the OSU volunteer information onto a single website instead of having it be dispersed in multiple emails.