IPIP Results & Reactions

My scores were pretty much what I thought they would be, but it’s interesting seeing it laid out in all the categories. In “Extraversion,” I scored pretty low across the board with my highest score being a 56 in friendliness. This shows that I am introverted for the most part and prefer to socialize with close friends. I had an exceedingly high score in “Agreeableness,” showing my strong interest in others and how they are doing. Also, my score of 79 under “Conscientiousness” was remarkably high and this is heavily a part of my goal setting abilities and ability to pursue them.  I was pretty average across the board with “Neuroticism,” meaning I don’t react out of the ordinary with emotional problems. “Openness to Experience,” was by far my lowest scoring area, indicating a plain and simple lifestyle.

If a potential employer were to look at these results, I think they would find many reasons for strengths and weaknesses. One of the main strengths that sticks out to me is the high scoring under “Conscientiousness.” This shows an employer my ability to not only set goals but have the power to make them happen. Having a high score in “Agreeableness,” shows them that I have personable qualities about me that are great for the workplace and creating partnerships with other customers. I think one of my main downfalls is my low score in the “Openness to Experience” category. This shows a lack of creativity and the unwillingness to take risks. A major key to improving a business is to be creative and be able to take risks when necessary. There are many different ways each of these scores can be interpreted by potential employers. What may seem like a weakness in my mind could potentially be a positive in someone else’s.