Each summer the Provost requests that all colleges and divisions submit academic reports that highlight the most noteworthy achievements from the past year. I find that the process of compiling this report offers an excellent opportunity to reflect back on all that we have accomplished together.
A few highlights from our division’s 2011-12 report:
- Ecampus introduced four new online credit programs and was ranked eighth in the nation by SuperScholar.org for the quality and strength of its distance education program.
- 352 distance students received their diplomas through Ecampus, including students located in 35 states and six countries.
- Professional and Noncredit Education added four programs, with the expectation of launching upwards of 20 more in 2012-13.
- OSU Extension’s Ask an Expert program is now among the top four most active of its kind in the country. Since its launch in March 2011, our Ask an Expert program has resolved over 4,000 questions.
- OSU Extension trained over 14,000 volunteers and impacted the lives of more than 2.1 million Oregonians.
- In partnership with the OSU Libraries, Extension and Experiment Station Communications (EESC) now provides digital access to more than 6,000 current and historical Extension and College of Agricultural Sciences research publications through ScholarsArchive.
- Summer Session enrollment increased 10.2 percent from last year to 6,875 students.
- The first Natural Resources Leadership Academy (NRLA) was held on campus in June and attracted 42 participants from 10 states and two foreign countries.
The full report is available on our website: http://outreach.oregonstate.edu/about/plans-reports
What accomplishment are you the most proud of from the past year? Submit your answer below in the comments section before Oct. 31 to be entered to win a $50 OSU Bookstore gift card.
I look forward to reading your responses!