Halfway There

It’s hard to believe! I’m about halfway done with my last quarter at OSU. Time really flies when you’re… having fun (sometimes). I’m learning a lot in my classes. I’ve already learned so much about Flutter and building mobile apps. I’m undoubtedly producing some awful spaghetti code, but just being able to get started coding is a huge hurdle, and I will become better over time. It’s a cool feeling because I actually feel confident that I could legitimately build a mobile app on my own if I wanted to.

I’ve said it before, but I do really wish I could take only one or two classes.. I do think I’m doing a little bit of a disservice to myself for not having the time to dive as deep into the material as I want to. But unfortunately real jobs take precedence, and that’s the end goal of a degree, so I digress. I just like learning and I do honor academia.

In other news, I passed the hiring committee at Google which is absolutely insane. Right now there are a lot of students stuck in the team matching phase as Google has had to reevaluate headcount, but it’s pretty close to a surefire offer at this point which is so exciting. If I told myself two years ago I would be working for Google, I would have slapped myself and said I’m crazy. I didn’t even know what Oregon State was 2 years ago. Life really is crazy sometimes.

The stress is definitely ramping up on all aspects of life right now, but I’m here for it, and quite frankly that’s when I produce my best work, which is kind of sad, but also comes in handy as I know I have an extra gear if I need it. Overall I hope to keep making steady progress with my classes and finish OSU with a somewhat memorable bang if our project ends up being successful. Either that or someone steals my Google API key and charges thousands of dollars. We’ll see.