Thank You Notes

Pretty much the main reason why I am writing this blog is because it is a graded assignment for my CS467 Capstone class. However, even though the assignment was an obligation, I appreciate that it made me think back on my life, and give a good hard retrospective on what I have experienced and gone through as a human being. And since this is my last blog post (for the time being) for my last class, I wanted to look back during my last two years as a student, and thank everyone who has helped me in this journey.

To Oregon State University. I will keep this brief, since I am in the online postbacc program and there wasn’t too much of a personal relationship involved. However, I do want to thank the university for giving me a chance to in their program and receive a 2nd bachelor’s degree in computer science.

To my parents. Thank you for being patient with me. I know I haven’t been the best student in my first time in college, and I struggled with finding a career path since graduating the first time around. So thank you for letting me live with you under your house after my undergraduate years, while I was trying to figure out my life. I know it wasn’t easy, as I was the freeloading lazy son, who would wake up late every weekday, with not a lot of motivation to push myself. But you have been supportive and patient. I guess I was just a late bloomer. I hope to be able to return the favor and support you both back.

To Cathy. Thank you for being my sister and friend. You went a similar path as me after college, and we both had a lot to figure out in our lives. But we were always there for each other, through every up and down. And even though you are a little further away, working as an occupational therapist in Chicago, I am excited for the journey you are on.

To my dogs Monster and Cookie. Every day, after a long day of work and school, you both are always the first ones to greet me at the door with the most warm greetings and welcomes. You both are the best dogs any human can ask for. No matter what I am feeling, I can always rely on you two to brighten up my day.

And finally, to my beautiful wife Gina. Thank you for being the best supportive wife anyone could ask for. I know you have always pushed me to go back to school and pursue my academics further. And I know it wasn’t easy when I always brushed you off. But you never gave up on me. Even though you are a working woman too, you always make sure I had my lunch packed everyday for work, and a hot meal to eat dinner at home, so I would have enough time to work on my school work. Thank you for always believing in me, and I hope that I can continue in my future dreams and career together.

And so that’s a wrap! I don’t know if I will continue to blog anytime soon, but it has given me a lot of retrospective in my life. And for that, thank you blog.