Week 10’s blog

Through this term, I have a deep understanding of design thinking. Design thinking is an iterative, non-linear task. It is divided into six parts, which are empathize, define, idea, prototype, and test. Design thinking is essentially a problem-solving method, reflected in the field of design. It combines a user-centric perspective with rational and analytical research to create innovative solutions. In addition, through weekly required reading, I found that design thinking is not the exclusive property of designers. All great innovators in the fields of literature, art, music, science, engineering, and business practice it. In my opinion, beyond the content of the weekly class, the thing that deeply understands the design idea is our project. Because, through this project, I have personally experienced the process of design thinking, and I believe that I will continue to use design thinking in my future work even though I am not a designer. Through this week’s reading, I learned that another very important thing is “Human-centered”, which has many similarities with design thinking. For example, both in human-centered design and in design thinking, their needs are considered in all phases of product development – ​​from analyzing the context of use all the way through to the evaluation. There are many differences between them, for example, the aim of human-centred design is to develop a product with a high degree of usability and user experience. Design thinking, however, aims at developing innovative and creative solutions for complex issues.