Gravity Falls

Drift Creek Falls.

My project is working with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife analyzing the socioeconomic impacts of marine reserves on local and visitor communities. Throughout these past two weeks, we have been continuing data collection by surveying people. From there, we then have been putting these responses into a database. I have been able to check out many beautiful spots along the coast, I have been making awesome connections, and have been gaining many skills throughout these couple of weeks. While one individual is entering data or conducting visitor surveys, the other two individuals are out interacting with the public and conducting visitor surveys. In order to stay motivated, I stay in touch with family and friends, and enjoy the scenery. In addition to work, I have been able to explore outside of of Newport. I, along with my intern-friend, Jessica, went to Drift Creek Falls. There was an interesting suspension bridge that went over the creek and waterfall. It was a bit muddy and slippery closer to the bridge; nonetheless, it was a great time. I look forward to the next couple of weeks.

P.S. I named this blog Gravity Falls because it reminds me of how GF is based in Oregon and because of the waterfall in my photo.