The following 8 finding aids for OSU Archives collections were completed or updated in June 2009. They have been loaded to the NWDA finding aids database and have a PDF on the OSU Archives’ website. MARC records for all of the collection s are available through the OSU Libraries’ Catalog, Summit Navigator, and Worldcat. Four of these collections were received in 2008; two are collections for which there was previously no information available online.
Most of these are new finding aids; one (for the Mesang Collection) is an update of an existing finding aid.
These include a finding aid for an historic map collection that may serve as a model for guides to other components of the historic map collection.
Bryant, William C., Collection, 1902-1905
- The Bryant Collection consists of publications, ephemera, and 5 photographs assembled by Bryant during his student years at Oregon Agricultural College from 1902 to 1905.
Counseling and Psychological Services Records, 1965-2007 (RG 157)
- These records consist of reports, announcements, and research publications documenting the activities of the office and Oregon State University students. The Descriptive Research Bulletin comprises the bulk of the collection; the Bulletin includes periodic reports of applied research projects conducted by the Center for Research on Student Life and Development and the Counseling and Testing Center from 1969 to 1988.
Green, John W., Papers, 1919-1973
- This collection documents Green’s career as a civil engineer in bridge design, primarily in California. The materials include reports, publications, notebooks, and about 3800 photographs. The bulk of the collection pertains to the construction of the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Bridge in the 1930s. Green earned a BS in Civil Engineering from Oregon Agricultural College in 1916. The materials were transferred from the OSU Libraries Special Collections to the Archives in 2008.
Mesang, Ted, Collection, 1925-1968
- The Mesang Collection documents Mesang’s career as music instructor and band director at Oregon State from 1949 to 1967. It includes original scores for marches he composed, materials pertaining to the OSU Marching Band’s participation in the 1957 and 1965 Rose Bowl parades and football games, and 32 photographs. This finding aid includes a detailed description of the contents.
Newman Foundation of Oregon State University Records, 1962-2008
- These records document the establishment of the Foundation in 1965 to support programs for Catholic students and faculty at Oregon State. The collection includes administrative records, property and legal files, publications, photographs, and sound recordings. The Foundation was dissolved in 2008. These materials were transferred to the Archives in 2008.
Oregon State University Alumni Oral History Collection, 2005-2008 (OH 13)
- These materials document an oral history project coordinated by the Oregon State University Archives and interviews with three Oregon State alumni – Richard Gilkey, Robert Mace, and Jean Starker Roth. The collection includes sound recordings of interviews, transcriptions, release agreements, and related materials.
Starker, T.J., Collection, 1975-1982
- The T.J. Starker Collection consists of materials written and assembled by Starker. The bulk of the collection is newspaper clippings pertaining to the Mount St. Helens eruptions of 1980-1982 and other newsworthy topics in Oregon in the early 1980s. Starker earned a BS in Forestry from Oregon Agricultural College in 1910 and was the founder of the family-owned Starker Forests timber company.
Zobel, Donald B., Collection of Historic Forestry and Vegetation Maps, 1914-1989
- This collection consists of 151 maps assembled and created by Zobel for his research in forest ecology and for teaching. The bulk of the maps depict forests in Oregon and northern California. The finding aid includes a detailed description of the contents of the collection. The maps were donated to the OSU Libraries in 2008.
The OSU Archives now has 409 finding aids in NWDA.