Getting to know Alisha Brucker

Meet Alisha Brucker, UIT Executive Assistant to the CISO.

Tell us a little about yourself — what would you like to share with the team?

I graduated from OSU in 2013 with a Bachelors of Science in Public Health. Since then I have held a few different administrative support positions at Samaritan Health Services, the VA Hospital in Portland, and most recently the USDA, Agricultural Research Service on OSU’s campus. In my free time I enjoy cooking, gardening, camping, hiking, and exploring new places in Oregon.

What excites you about working at OSU?

The people and culture are by far one of the most exciting things about working here. It’s an inviting, welcoming, and collaborative environment with many minds filled with great ideas. Everyone here is so passionate about what they do and the greater OSU and Corvallis community. It was a really great place to be while a student and I can say even better things now that I’ve been working here for the past month or so.

What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

This is a quote I think about often in regards to my life and work that has always helped to push me outside of my comfort zones. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward you’re always in the same place.” – Nora Roberts

Coffee or tea?

Both! I love to start the day with coffee and end it with a cup of tea.

If you could visit any fictional world or place, what would it be and why?

This might be the toughest question to answer! I’d say Wonderland and Neverland because either one would be a fascinating place to explore.

Where can we find you (i.e. office location, via Teams, etc.)?

I’m on the second floor of JSB but I am always available via Teams or email (alisha.brucker@oregonstate.edu). I look forward to working with everyone in UIT!