On Wednesday, January 11, Andrea and three other panelists representing both higher education and the private sector, will discuss how they are working to build more gender-diverse teams.
A look at the event:
SIMPDX: DEI – Moving from conversation to real impact in building performant teams
“Gender diverse companies are 15% more likely to deliver higher financial returns”— McKinsey
“Diverse leadership and management have been shown to improve company revenue by 19%”— Instride
“Fortune 500 companies with at least three women in leading positions saw a 66% increase in ROI”— Women Who Tech
Data shows that diversity in our workplace is profitable and good for business, yet we are still struggling in technology to attract and develop the talent, and only 25% of the jobs in large technology companies are held by women. Please join us for a conversation with four women who are making a difference in our community and moving their organizations from conversation and intent to execution and impact. The topics for our evening are:
- Our current state of DEI initiatives and the results.
- Key elements to building diverse teams, small or at scale.
- Programs and initiatives that deliver results.
- Lessons learned from making a strategic shift.
- Allies, their critical roles, and expectations for real change.
- Bring your questions for some expert insight from our panel!
- Reet Kaur, CISO, Portland Community College
- Andrea S. Ballinger, Vice Provost for IT, Oregon State University
- Dawn Mendenhall, Divisional CIO, Portland General Electric
- Sacha Basho, Senior Director, IQ Wired
Interested in attending?
This is an in-person event at Tualatin Country Club.
Member rate: $30 // Non-member rate: $60