The spring ’22 plenary, held on June 2, focused on communicating our key activities and initiatives leading into fall 2022, and the ways in which OSU IT is advancing the university’s top goals for technology and data within Strategic Plan 4.0.
Here is a quick run down of the topics and presentations highlighted during the plenary:
The year Ahead
CIO Andrea Ballinger discussed the top priorities for the year ahead (xxxxx), touched on the impact of major work to come, and presented on updates to the ITCT structure.
IT Within Outreach + Engagement
Lucas Turpin (Extension Services) highlighted the role of IT in OSU’s outreach and engagement work and the ways in which IT is advancing OSU’s mission.
ESM: IMPROVING HR PROCESSES
Lucas Friedrichsen (Digital + Organizational Transformation, UIT) and Brittany McDonald (HR) reintroduced Enterprise System Management (ESM), why it matters to OSU, and how it will serve our stakeholders better, and have a sneak peek at upcoming service improvements to HR as part of HR Service Delivery.
IT SKills Assessment results
Scott Emery (Digital + Organizational Transformation, UIT) and Carolyn Warfield (HR) presented key information collected from the self-reported OSU IT Workforce survey.
Information Security Roadmap
Marjorie McLagan, Emily Longman, and Tom Ordeman (Office of Information Security, UIT) provided an update on the OIS roadmap, the current state of OSU, and what’s coming up.
Poll Results (95 responses)
Poll #1: What are you most looking forward to in the Grand Expedition? 95 Responses
- Vantage Point (Data Enterprise Ecosystem, Data Hub): 20 votes
- Going Deeper (Enterprise Service Management, AMP, Integration Hub): 30 votes
- Next-Gen Thinking (Outreach & Engagement, Student CRM, Research Redesign): 31 votes
- Mission Control (Smart Access, Talent Management): 14 votes
Poll #2: What information security threats are you most concerned about? 96 Responses
- Phishing: 5 votes
- Ransomware: 7 votes
- Managing vulnerabilities: 8 votes
- Awareness and training for the community: 5 votes
- Security impeding business processes: 14 votes
- All of the above: 47 votes