Happy Week Six!
Now that you are through with round one of midterms, it is a great time to reflect — reflect on your study habits, campus involvement, whether your ability to watch 30 straight episodes of The Bachelor is resume-worthy (it does take commitment). To help with the first two, check out the great opportunities offered by the College of Public Health and Human Sciences this week.
- Feb. 15: Deadline for CPHHS Undergraduate Scholarship Application
- Feb. 24 at 5pm: Last day to change to or from S/U grading
- Feb. 24 at 11:55pm: Last day to withdraw from a course by Web; W grade entered on transcript
Coming Spring Term: Plan for a PIN
Starting Spring term 2017, all students must have an approved Fall 2017 term course plan on file in MyDegrees in order to receive a PIN to register for FALL 2017 classes. First-year students will receive their Winter and Spring term PINs at First-Year Workshops or during individual advising appointments.
You can call 541-737-8900 to schedule an appointment to meet with your advisor, or you can submit this plan electronically.
Please refer to the PHHS MyDegrees planner tutorial for helpful tools on creating your plan.
The OSU Leadership Conference is a day dedicated to the development of student leaders on campus, and is designed to help students comprehend their own and various other leadership styles; provide opportunities for students to gain an understanding of identities different than their own; and to develop new skills and awareness of best practices to help students become more effective leaders. The event is February 18, 10am–3:30pm, in the Memorial Union. Pre-registration is required by Monday, February 13; see http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1YqgAESgxBzxMVL . For more information, see the attached poster or visit the OSU Leadership Conference web page http://sli.oregonstate.edu/ld/leadershipconference
SMILE (Science and Math Investigative Learning Experiences) is preparing for the Middle School Challenge and College Connection event in March. The Middle School Challenge brings together about 300 middle school students from all around Oregon to visit OSU. SMILE is looking for college student volunteers to serve as mentors during an activity and/or serve as tour guides. The event takes place March 8–10. For volunteers serving as tour guides at OSU, lunch will be provided. For more information, contact the SMILE program at 541-737-0534 or email@example.com.
Considering applying to the OSU MBA program? The College of Business is offering a free GMAT Test Prep Class taught by a Kaplan Test Prep instructor where attendees will learn expert tips on how to best prepare for the GMAT exam on February 21, 5:30pm–7:30pm. Austin Hall, Room 183 (Stirek Auditorium). The course also discusses what it takes to apply to the OSU MBA program, and how earning a business major or minor can help prepare students for an MBA. To learn more and sign up, see bit.ly/KaplanGMATclass.
- Canada: Join the OSU faculty-led study abroad program, June 19–29; students from all academic disciplines are eligible. For additional information, see http://international.oregonstate.edu/office-global-opportunities/programs/canada/osu-faculty-led-canadian-economy-society-and-culture-21st-century
- Uganda: Join the College of Business, June 19–July 21 in Uganda and work alongside social entrepreneurs developing locally focused, solutions-oriented methods of empowering local communities, while earning Social Entrepreneurship credit (BA 362, BA 199, or BA 407). Learn more about the opportunity at information sessions held on February 10, 2pm, Austin Hall, Room 338, and on February 22, 6pm, Austin Hall, Room 216. For additional information, contact Lauren Caruso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- London, England: Interested in studying global public health abroad this summer? Learn more about the CPHHS London Classroom Summer Abroad on Wednesday, February 8, 6:45–8pm, in Waldo Hall, Room 400. Click Here to Register for the London Information Session. For additional information, contact Aimee Snyder at email@example.com or visit http://health.odu/study-abroad/london.oregonstate.
Career Wardrobe Event
The 12th annual Career Wardrobe event is scheduled for this Thursday 10AM–3PM in the MU Ballroom and is open to all OSU students. The annual Career Wardrobe event helps all OSU students prepare for winter term career fairs and supports the members attending the MANRRS National Conference.
Career Development Events in CPHHS:
- Degrees to Dollars, Feb. 21, 10am, Hallie Ford 115, event covering the following topics: O*Net, salary resources, tools for negotiation, personal budget, and job location research
- Advanced/Mock Interviewing, Feb. 23, 2pm–3:30pm, Hallie Ford 115
Winter Term Career Expo:
The Career Development Center’s goal is to facilitate successful student and employer engagement opportunities, so we invite any feedback or questions you may have about these events or our other networking and recruiting events.
- February 14 – Virtual Speed Mock Interviews
- February 14 – Speed Mock Interviews
- February 15 – Winter Career Convention Day 1
- February 16 – Winter Career Convention Day 2
- February 16 – Graduate Student & Post Doc Career Networking Event
- February 23 – Hospitality and Recreation Virtual Career Fair
For disability related accommodation requests, please call 541-737-4085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know your Advisor?
Need help finding your assigned advisor? Check your MyDegrees student degree checklist in the Assigned Advisor block, or call the Office of Student Success at 541-737-8900.
*If your academic advisor was Shannon Foley, your new academic advisor will be Head Advisor Erin Heim. More details to come.*