The Popularity Contest plugin will gather and display information about the popularity of different posts and pages on your blog site. This useful tool provides a wealth of different reports on such things as:
- Permalink views
- Permalink views from search engines
- Home views
- Archive views
- Category views
- Tag views
- Feed views
Reports based on the above information are then generated and can be displayed in a widget on your blog site, if you so choose.
Once the Popularity Contest plugin is activated a few different things will happen:
- The Popularity Contest widget will be available in the Appearance > Widgets control panel.
- The Most Popular Posts menu link, which is a link to a variety of reports generated by the Popularity Contest plugin, will appear in your Dashboard menu block.
- The Popularity configuration option will be available in the Settings > Popularity control panel.
- All content on your blog site will display a footer that details the popularity ranking of that particular post.
To view help instructions on the Popularity Contest widget and settings, just click on the following provided links:
You can also locate the specific help post in the Categories menu on this site.