The Popularity Contest widget will only be viewed if the Popularity Contest plugin has been enabled. For information on how to enable a plugin, visit the Installed Plugins help post.
To Use the Popularity Contest Widget
- From within your Dashboard, go to Appearance > Widgets
- Locate the Popularity Contest widget in the Available Widgets group at the top of the page. Click on the widget and drag it into an available region such as Sidebar 1, Sidebar 2, etc.
- Once the widget has been positioned, click on its arrow to open up the widget control panel
- Widget Title: this is optional. If you don’t enter a title it will show the default widget title.
- Report Type: select one – there are many different options
- Number of posts to display: enter a value here. Keep in mind that this will show as a list on your site.
- Exclude pages: if you are using Pages on your site you can choose to exclude them here
- Click the Save button when completed
- Click on the Visit Site link to see your new widget in action.