Class References and Documentation
- Incident Response Pocket Guide (purchase a printed version that you can carry in your pocket. Available from OSU bookstore or various online vendors. The newest (2022) version has a yellow cover. Here’s a pdf to get you started.) REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS/PARTICIPANTS.
- Firefighter’s Handbook on Wildland Firefighting: Strategy, Tactics and Safety. Fourth Ed. William C. Teie. Fire Protection Publications. Oklahoma State University. (Optional for non-credit students). Available at OSU Bookstore or from various online vendors.
- Waiver of Liability
- Work Capacity Test Health Screen Form
- Guide to Fitness and Work Capacity (not a list of requirements, but useful information on how to prepare for work in wildland fire operations)
- Fire shelter deployment training video
- PDF of April 4 Intro session
- 10 Standard Orders (Punches’ organization to help memorize)
- Fire Behavior Terms to Know (from Fire Behavior Part 1 session)