Conner Rhea – Blog Post #5

This week we are preparing to launch the alpha but it seems like our group continues to run into issues as we progress through the week, this time specifically with the HoloLens emulator not working with Windows Home edition, but thankfully we finally seem near the end of the tunnel on that issue it seems. I look forward to meeting professor Bailey this week to discuss our plans going forward and figuring out how we’ll progress.

In other news, with the recent storm, I’ve had a hard time getting work done due to power outages and inconsistent internet speeds among other things. The part of Albany I’m in lost power for a good long while and a good friend of mine still doesn’t have power and likely won’t have power until Tuesday at the earliest. I always wonder how something like that can happen and why we don’t have emergency plans in place for large scale power outages, especially since it seems like a little ice is all it takes in Oregon. At least things seem to be calming down now, hopefully they will go back to normal without too many issues.

One of my friends is a 3D modeling major and we’ve been discussing our projects lately since I’m in Professor Bailey’s shader’s class. His work is a lot more robust than mine, but it’s still interesting to see what kind of things can be made through computer rendering, it always amazes me. It’s nice to have friends in different branches of the computer industry to get other perspectives as well, here’s hoping that we both make it out of college alive this year.