Capstone 2: Blog Post #3

Week of 1/25/21 to 1/31/21

I apologize for forgetting to upload Blog Posts up until now, I have continued to neglect remembering to do these due to my other classes applying the pressure on thick this term. I will endeavor to keep up with the blog posts from now on, however!

This term I am taking quite a lot of classes which has added to my stress immensely, especially as the pandemic rages on all classes remain online making things even tougher, but I shall strive to keep up. Our Project has had a somewhat rocky start due to issues with the HoloLens development kit and Unity, but we appear to be proceeding (more) smoothly now. I know that we aren’t expected to produce the best thing ever with a small group of (mostly) inexperienced team members, but it does feel quite stressful when problems arise. Still, I’m sure we can turn things around and produce something great.

For my other classes, I’m trying to juggle Operating Systems 2, Computer Graphics Shaders, and Intro to Computer Animation, which has kept me quite busy this term, to the point that I worry that I’m doing worse in some of my classes due to the extra stress. Operating System 2 has been the bane of my existence, but it seems like an issue with one of the projects that came up so things are changing during the middle of the term causing some confusion on my part.

FOr a fun side project though, I recently put together a Snackbox v2 fighting controller. I’m into fighting games (even though I’m terrible at them) and I wanted to try out the button only layout, so I bought the parts and put them together. It’s been a fun project, wiring up all the buttons and trying to manage the cables to make it work, even though my 20 pin connector was damaged. Thankfully the company sent me a replacement and it works fine now, though I have to get used to a whole new control scheme.