Critiquing a Recruitment Ad

Week 4

My Brand:  As a soon to be graduate of Oregon State University, I hope to share my strengths of working with groups and creating a culture where everyone is unique and has their own ideas.  After living in China when I was in my developmental years I have learned to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.  Using my experience I know what it takes to be successful in group settings where everyone has a voice.  Some of my skills I am working on improving include public speaking in large crowds.  I have tried to improve this by holding jobs in the customer service field.  For example, my past experiences of being a Resident Assistant in the dorms for 2 years, student technician in the IT department, and Business Analyst Intern at Intel has given me customer service, problem solving, and excel skills needed to succeed in jobs.      

Situation Wanted Ad:  My name is Brandon Bollengier and I am a Senior at Oregon State University studying management and Supply Chain/ Logistics. I am interested in Supply Chain/Operations opportunities to pursue my interest in global supply chain and leverage my strengths. 

I have a global perspective as I previously lived in China for four years and my current job as a business analyst has given me the opportunity to manage different products working with people overseas.

While at Oregon State I have maintained honor roll, worked 20 hours a week, and have been a part of numerous clubs on campus, including club soccer, CRU a community group, and the Supply Chain Club. 

I am currently looking for a full-time position in operations that would allow me to demonstrate Excel skills as well as leadership.  I recently completed a group project for a Supply Chain class where I designed an Excel workbook to automate forecasts for 90 different health related products.  This project allowed me to choose the best forecast based on trend, seasonality, and history of the products which resulted in my group getting the best score for forecasting.   

I hope to share my passions and talent with likeminded people who want to make operations and supply chains more efficient.  The best way to reach me is through LinkedIn at Brandon Bollengier.  I look forward to hearing back and wish everyone a safe time through COVID-19.