Experiences with Discrimination

If I heard that one of my dream companies to work for faced a public lawsuit because they were accused of discrimination against individuals from an ethnicity or culture associated with me, it would crush my hopes that I could even work with them. My feelings would change the way I feel towards the company because if they claim they are diverse company, why would they still let these types of discrimination to happen. If the companies claim to say that they don’t discriminate any candidate and are open to everyone, they would have never let this happen in the first place. If they take actions in fixing this problem with the individual it could impact my decision in continuing supporting the company. That would tell me that the companies still stand by with that they claim and admits their error they did towards discriminating. This would also impact the decision in whether to apply to work with this company because if I see a re-occurrence with the same incident of discrimination, it would make me feel that I wouldn’t have any chances to even be part of the company. Now a days, discrimination should not occur in the any business because every individual no matter their ethnicity, culture or belief system could be a big asset in the business because not only are they a diverse business but could expand their business worldwide. No matter how hard we try to eliminate discrimination, it will continue to happen but if we all see it happen, we need to step in and stop it. As little as you might think this is, this is a great start in preventing it to continue.