Tentative Program Outline-Specific Topics and Speakers to be added
Registration fee for this 2-day program is $500.
Utilization – May 9 morning session:
- Current seafood processing and handling methods
- Processing and handling quality considerations/concerns-H&G, fillets, surimi, roe, shellfish, crustaceans, fish meal, etc.
- Water Usage
- Nutritional value & health benefits of seafood
Innovation- May 9 afternoon session:
- By-product utilization innovations for improved yield/value
- Modern alternatives for data handling and improved process monitoring
- Improved methods for routine testing
- Recruitment, training, & retaining employees-panel & round table discussion
Evening Social & Networking: Leadership/Team Building Activity
COMPLIANCE- May 10 morning session:
- Food analysis & safety
SANITATION, QUALITY TESTING & EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE- May 10 afternoon session:
- Hands on training
- How to choose a sanitizer
- Pros and cons of available sanitizers
- How/when to use
- Bacteria testing for quality assurance: ATP testing, listeria in RTE & environment
- Maintenance & calibration of balances, thermometers, pH meters, etc.