Hello world!

This blog will be detailing my journey from zero experience to becoming a software engineer. This blog will be primarily for those who are interested in becoming a software engineer. You may be able to learn something from my story and I will throw in as much advice as I can.

As any good story starts I will start this at the end. I’m currently writing this to you all while working from home as a full time back end software engineer. I will be laying out exactly what I did to get here in future posts. The first set of blog posts will document my last quarter at Oregon State University, where I am working on my final senior group project.

Creating an NFT Game

My group partners and I will be creating an NFT (Non-Fungible-Token) game, where users can use crypto to purchase NFT’s and play with them to win more crypto and possibly sell their NFT’s on the marketplace at their current value. For all of us this is a brand new experience and we have little to no experience coding in Solidity or creating smart contracts, which is the main back end logic for these types of games. This week we will be researching like crazy to come up with a game plan by monday on how we will get this done. Since this blog is primarily for new people to software my first suggestion is get used to constantly learning. The goal of a computer science degree is not to teach you languages it is to teach you how to learn and use languages to create, design and write effective software.

One response to “Hello world!”

1. Hi, this is a comment.