A Change of Pace

Where am I?

This week has been a bit of a curve ball. Luckily I have some great team mates that understand and are willing to work with me. As a member of the Air National Guard, I occasionally get tasked to go on temporary duty assignments. This time I got sent over to Texas for a week and have been working with our fighter jets here. I will be coming back sometime in the middle of the week and jumping right back in. In the downtime I have had, I have read articles about blockchain and wine fraud.

Articles!

Our project sponsor has linked some cool articles about existing technology using blockchain to prevent wine fraud. The first article was “Fighting Wine Fraud And Using The Blockchain To Do It.” This is an article about an application similar to what we are working to create. It is great to have some references to existing work to from ideas around. Another article about related technology is “Blockchain Spreads Its Vines To Root Out Counterfeit Wines And Spirits.” These articles referenced some great applications in different regions looking to complete a similar task to our project.

My Balancing Act

Luckily, I received enough warning to plan my absence out with my team members. Unfortunately I had to push out some of my school work and studying due to a lack of downtime. Missing project meetings makes it hard to keep up at times but my group has put in the time to keep me involved and in the loop. It will be good to hop back into the fray and keep on top of everything once I am back in town. I have been going to school while in the Air National Guard for just over four years now. It adds a dynamic to managing schedules that can lead to late nights but it makes the results feel that much more satisfying. Next up is catching back up on what has happened so far before my next weekend of work!