Reprioritizing

Class Changes

This past week I spent some time evaluating my class load and where I was compared to graduation. As I plan to graduate in June after Spring term, I have a solid foundation planned out with my planner. I had a Networking class planned for this term that was with an instructor that I have had trouble learning from before. There is a lot of value in being able to identify learning styles and teaching styles. There is more value in realizing when the two do not overlap and it is time to find a different path. This particular instructor taught in such a way that I was not gaining anything from the class, therefore I spent the time to look at my program and change some classes. I switched out my networking class for a systems administration class that I feel will be more beneficial when I move to industry. I also received an opportunity to pick up a free language class through the Guard, so now I’m going to try my hand at Vietnamese on the side.

Keeping Organized

This week I have also spent some time as Scrum Master for my team. This is the role that I would have been uncomfortable in this time last year but feel very comfortable in now. I enjoyed the opportunity to run our first retrospective, I used some activities I learned this summer in my internship for it. The chance to expose my teammates to some real world retrospective activities was a fun experience. Maintaining the Trello board and becoming more familiar with the tools it has, has also been a great opportunity. I am glad I have the chance to work with this technology and see how much easier it is to work with as compared to VersionOne – that I used over the summer.