Blog Post #2 – The Journey Continues…

Hello, friends! Welcome back to my Capstone blog. It’s been a hot minute since the last post. Some updates regarding the project. I was assigned to work on the Crowd-sourced Shopping App. Initially, I thought the team would be a lot smaller (maybe three members only), but it’s a lot bigger – it’s five members (including myself)! The team’s pretty laid back, so it’s nice, since it’s my last class (and most likely forever!). We split the development into four Sprints, so the bi-weekly goals will align well the blog posts. So far, we just completed the Project Plan, where we decided what tech stack we’re planning to use to build the app. We decided to use React Native for the UI work and Firebase for the database backend. I also created some tentative UI designs in Figma for the screens that the app would have.

In this coming week, we’re planning to setup the Firebase database and finish the Login and Registration screens, which I think should be pretty quick (the official docs were organized and very demonstrative). If that is the case, I might dig into some of Sprint 2’s work if there’s time leftover. Other than this, there’s not much other school work going on.

Outside of school, not much else is going on. Just typical routine stuff, like going to my day job everyday. I’m playing the new season/ladder of Diablo 2: Resurrection, as a wind Druid – maybe until the project work kicks in. But so far it’s been fun. The NBA season is also starting again, which I’m looking forward to. I’m really hoping the Lakers can get themselves back together and become competitive again (at least better than last season). There’s also a couple of UFC and Boxing matches that I’m waiting for – in particular Oliveira vs. Islam, Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira, and Bivol vs. Ramirez, but they seem so far away.

Yep, I think that’s about it for now. Until next time. Peace!